It’s time to show you an updated list of my 101 in 1,001 list. I’ve completed a quarter of the list. And I honestly don’t know what to do now, some of the to-do’s pertain to things I want(ed) to do to the rental house, which I’ll only be in for a few more weeks. So, I think I’ll count some of the items done when I’ve officially moved. It’s only fair, I just bought a house! Plus, the few items that become “completed” will grow into a much longer list of stuff to do at the new house. Oh the joys… So here’s the updated list (and here’s the original post, which I continue to update).
Start Date: January 5, 2010
End Date: October 3, 2012
Items Completed: 25/101
Completed (w/ date)
- Organize the my desk. 9/10/10 – Got new printer. Took advantage of the update and cleaned things up a bit.
- Reach goal weight by the 1,001st day.
- Go on a road trip.
- Fly somewhere foreign over seas.
- Exercise at least 3 times per week for a month.
- Start a prayer journal and journal everyday for a month.
- Buy a house. 2/14/11 – the day I got my key! I’ll post a more “formal” post later.
- Organize my clothes closet. 8/7/10 – I would say going through the closet and pulling out stuff for a yard sale counts as organizing. It definitely cleared out some space!
- Organize the back room closet.
- Organize my recipes.
- Get Christmas shopping done before December 1st.
- Use my sewing machine to make something.
- Build patio area in back yard.
- Run in a 5K race.
- Get car windows (rear and back left) re-tinted.
Learn to knit. I just realized this was a duplicate to #20, so I replaced it.
- Read Bible in chronological order.
- Read at least 7 books a year. (3/19)
- Dust/Clean ceiling fans.
- Start official photography business (legitimately with licenses/permits). 9/8/10 – Official paperwork came in the mail!
- Learn to knit or crochet.
- Attend a pro-photographer’s workshop.
- No eating desserts for a week!
- Hang curtain rods in kitchen.
- No shopping at Target for a month. 8/21/10-9/25/10
- Hand wash/polish my hardwood floors.
- Spend a weekend in San Luis Obispo.
- Send 10 “think of you” “just because” cards. (4/10)
- Take a day off from work to do nothing.
- Weed front yard.
- Weed back yard.
- Create branding for photography business. 1/7/11 – new logo!
- Give e-harmony another shot for a 3 month period.
- Get and stay caught up on blogging.
- Get and stay caught up on balancing check book monthly.
- Get car to mechanic to get idle noise fixed. 4/27/10 (needed a new A/C relay switch thingie) and again 6/17/10 (rodent chewed part of A/C filter and some belt thingy needed to be fixed)
- Photograph at least 1 wedding. Segars-Giffen Wedding 6/4/10
- Try 2 new recipes a month, at least one from a cookbook I own.
- Organize pictures on hard drive.
- Spend a weekend in Carmel.
- Create an action in PhotoShop.
- Visit at least one state I haven’t been to before. 8/23-28/10 Went to Texas…for work. But that totally counts in my book!
- Have the best darn 30th birthday ever!
- Get a massage.
- Have a picture printed onto a canvas.
- Find and use a photo hosting site for clients. 4/28/10
- Get professional pictures taken of myself (maybe with family too).
- 2nd shoot with a local wedding photographer.
- Send in D60 camera body to get fixed.
- Go to bed before 11pm for a week.
- Get to work before 8am for a week.
- Create a business plan for photography business.
- Be debt free (minus possible mortgage).
- Blog something personal everyday for a month. 11/1/10-11/30/10
- Enter some photographs into local county fair.
- Attend photography conference/convention. 3/6-10/10 WPPI
- Walk Riley at least once a week for 3 months.
- Visit Time Square.
- Turn vacation and miscellaneous photos throughout the years into photo books.
- Compile a family recipe cookbook.
- Visit Yosemite in the winter.
- Throw a cocktail party.
- See a musical on Broadway.
- Learn to use chopsticks properly. 7/10/10 – Can’t say I “learned”, but I properly used them for an entire meal!
- No chopping off my hair, only trims until it reaches desired length (which is longer than it is now).
- Mail a birthday card when a friend or family member has a birthday for a year.
- Take a multi-vitamin daily for a month.
- Use up products (cleaning, makeup, hair, etc) completely before replacing.
- Make/Bake something outside my comfort zone. From scratch.
- Go to Disneyland when it’s decorated for Christmas.
- Drive down Hwy 1 from Monterey to Morro Bay.
- Do a photoshoot during almond blossom season in an orchard.
- Journal/Track (WW style) for 2 months.
- Shoot in RAW for a month. started 9/11/10 – Current
- Visit family in Santa Fe.
- Unload dishwasher once it’s done, not 3 days later.
- Learn how to belly dance.
- Fold laundry once it’s dry.
- Put away laundry once folded.
- Be in a relationship. – 1/1/11 (ended 2/14/11)
- Get married.*
- Do something spontaneous.
- Get a new camera body. 6/1/10 – Nikon D700
- Put no-scratch pads on dining room chair legs. 3/29/10
- Go wine tasting in Livermore.
- Go wine tasting in Amador County.
- Get tupperware organizer and organize cabinet.
- No candy for 2 weeks.
- Encourage one person to do 101 in 1,001.
- Eat at 4 new restaurants. (2/4) Buca de Beppos, Buffalo Wild Wings,
- No eating out for 3 weeks.**
- Learn one new technique in PhotoShop each week.
- Get my own domain name. 3/16/10 (http://www.courtney-ann.com/)
- Tithe every month. (13/22)
- Play a round of 18-hole golf.
- Visit Golden Gate Park.
- Buy 5 things from etsy.com. (0/5)
- Floss everyday for a month.***
- See a Beach Blanket Babylon show in San Francisco.
- Make dinner for the family one night a week for 2 months.
- Make a facebook fan page for my photography.
- Donate $10 to a charity for every goal not met.
* Or should I just give $10 now? Really it’s not unrealistic in the next 2 1/2 years, but yes, I know it’s all up to God.
**As in paying for a meal, eating at Mom and Dad’s doesn’t count.
***I know, gross right? I so dislike flossing. And I need to get in the habit.