So in just a little over a month I’ll be traveling to Washington DC with a friend to visit a college roommate and her family. I’ll be there for about 5 days. I want to see as much as I can while I’m there, touristy and hidden spots. Send me a comment of places that are must see, as well as things that can be missed. Thanks!
Those of you who know me, know that I take self photos all the time. You know, the kind where you hold the camera out in front of yourself and snap a picture, sometimes you can see part of your arm. Yep, those are the ones. Well, I take them quite often. So, every now and then I think I’ll post a picture, of myself (maybe with someone else) taken by myself.
Rules from God
1. Wake Up! Decide to have a good day. “Today is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.” Psalms 118:24
2. Dress Up! The best way to dress up is to put on a smile. A smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks. “The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at outward appearance; but the Lord looks at the heart.” 1 Samuel 16:7
3. Shut Up! Say nice things and learn to listen. God gave us two ears and one mouth, so He must have meant for us to do twice as much listening as talking. “He who guards his lips guards his soul.” Proverbs 13:3
4. Stand Up! For what you believe in. Stand for something or you will fall for anything. “Let us not be weary in doing good; for at the proper time, we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good…” Galatians 6:9-10
5. Look Up! To the Lord. “I can do everything through Christ who strengthens me.” Philippians 4:13
6. Reach Up! For something higher. “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not unto your own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge Him, and He will direct your path.” Proverbs 3:5-6
7. Lift Up! Your prayers. “Do not worry about everything; instead pray about everything.” Philippians 4:6
God answers knee-mail.
So I’ve made it through February. Two months of 2007 are gone. So let me give you a little update on how my New Month Resolutions are going:
1. Not step foot in Target for the WHOLE month – Success is mine! I did not step foot in a Target store ALL MONTH. And with that, my checking account stayed a little fuller.
2. Lose 5 pounds. Last month I lost 6.4. So this is totally doable – This was not a success. But I did lose, just now 5 pounds. That’s ok though, I’ve got next month to make up for it.
3. Take a day trip somewhere – The going somewhere didn’t happen this month, unless you count Modesto… Yea, I didn’t think so.
4. Not mope on the dreaded Valentine’s Day because I don’t have a Valentine – Really can’t judge how this one went. I spent the dreaded holiday with friends, so that was great.
5. Take my mom out to lunch – Mom and I are busy. I did make her dinner. Does that count?
6. Heavily pursue finding a new job – Haven’t hurt from the City of Modesto since the written exam. Praying I hear from them soon, very soon.
7. Actively seek God in my day to day life worshiping Him and bring Him glory – This is one of those things that I will always strive to succeed at. I will always feel I’m not reaching God’s expectations, but that is only the reason to seek harder. I have been challenged though the weekly Bible study that I am in and with Spiritual Formation Sunday mornings. Always a work in progress.
Update as of 2/28/07.
My New Month Resolutions for March are:
1. Actively seek God in my day to day life, worshiping Him and bring Him glory.
2. No myspace. You still want to leave me a comment or message you can at my myspace page, I just won’t be checking them until April 1st. And everyone can hold me accountable since it shows last login date on my profile.
3. No makeup. Yes, I’ll still be wearing it, I just won’t be purchasing it for the month. I have a ton of makeup, and it’s time to reduce inventory.
4. Lose 5 pounds. Same as last month and the next 9 months of the year. Time to get serious, June is only 3 months away.
5. Exercise. I don’t have to belong to a gym to do this. I am going to exercise in some form or another at least 3 times a week.
6. Go somewhere out of the area. I live so close to a lot, time to experience and enjoy it.
7. Target is back in the pictures, just in moderation. Time to shop only by a list of needs. And no, that does not mean that I’ll be making the list as I shop. 🙂
8. Heavily pursue finding a new job.
And for the Lent season I have given up soda.